Stop PropagHate is a project funded by Google DNI, where we aim to bring to online journalism an environment without hate speech. In this project we are developing an API that applies machine learning techniques and can be used by newspapers to evaluate the presence of hate speech. Our tool is structured in two modules, one to evaluate if a portion of text contains hate speech, and a second to evaluate the likelihood of a news piece to generate comments containing hate speech.
Bachelor in Communication Science / Journalism, or equivalent skills.
Minimum profile required
- Critical news evaluation and interest working with hate speech detection.
- Basic Knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to contribute to creative process in the conception of the web platform of the project.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working with hate speech detection.
- Experience in working as a journalist.
- Proactive, resourceful, and autonomous capacity of work.
Since 08 Aug 2018 to 10 Sep 2018